KARIM BENZEMA has handed world champs France a scare by limping off injured in their 3-0 Euro 2020 warm-up win over Bulgaria.
The striker appeared to be hurt following a challenge with Bulgarian defender Ivan Turitsov during the first half.
The veteran tried to play on but soon went down and signalled he could not continue as he hobbled off favouring his right knee in the 37th minute at the Stade de France.
And things aren’t looking much better for Spain after the whole squad went into isolation following a positive Covid test for Sergio Busquets.
While the under-21s excelled in beating the Lithuania senior team 4-0, La Roja’s Euro 2020 opener could be under threat after Marcos Llorente tested positive.
- WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams
Follow all of the latest news, build up and updates below…