Girl, 15, dies after ‘tragic incident’ inside caravan at Welsh holiday park as 19-year-old is arrested

A TEENAGE girl has died after “a serious and tragic incident” occurred inside a caravan at a Welsh holiday park yesterday.

A 19-year-old man has been arrested after the girl, 15, tragically died during a “domestic disturbance” at Parkdean’s Ty Mawr Holiday Park in Towyn, North Wales.


An air ambulance landed close to the Parkdean’s Ty Mawr Holiday park on the A548 around 3.30pm[/caption]

It was joined by several other vehicles including police cars

According to local reports, an air ambulance landed close to the park on the A548 around 3.30pm, with the road shut in both directions.

Eyewitnesses also say two ambulances along with three rapid response vehicles and three police cars near to caravans were on the scene which were then taped off.

North Wales Police confirmed today that a 15-year-old girl has died, and a 19-year-old man is in custody.

The force tweeted: “Following a domestic disturbance at Ty Mawr Holiday Park Abergele yesterday a 15 yr old female has sadly died.

“A 19 yr old male is in custody. This is an isolated incident with no risk to the public.

“Specially trained officers are supporting the family. Call 101 with information.”

A force spokesman told the Sun Online: “North Wales Police can confirm that we attended the report of a domestic disturbance at the location where sadly a 15-year-old female has died.

“A 19-year-old male has been arrested and is presently in custody at St Asaph.”


A spokesman for Ty Mawr holiday park, which is part of the Parkdean Resorts brand, is assisting police in operations as the investigation continues into the incident.

He told the PA news agency in a statement: “We are shocked and saddened by this tragic incident.

“Ty Mawr is a 100 acre family park which welcomes tens of thousands of happy holidaymakers every year.

“This was an isolated and unprecedented incident which took place inside a caravan which is now a crime scene.

“Our team are assisting police with their enquiries and as it is a police matter we can’t comment further at the moment.”

Photos have now emerged showing people lining the streets after the air ambulance landed in the middle of the road.

Another image showed a caravan had been taped off by detectives.

A holidaymaker who is staying in a caravan near to the scene, said she was stuck in traffic as the emergency services first arrived.

The witness, who wished to remain anonymous, told the Mirror: “They have taped everywhere off now around the caravans and blocked the gaps with vans so you can’t see through the gaps.”

The air ambulance was reported to have left the scene by around 4.10pm.©2021

The area has now been cordoned off by local police[/caption]©2021

A spokesman for the park said that he was “shocked and saddened” by the incident[/caption]

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button