Sport

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! officially being filmed Down Under after last year’s washout in Wales


I’M A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! is officially being filmed Down Under after last year’s series was a washout in Wales.

ITV bosses have told production staff to work towards returning to Australia this Autumn and are hoping to make an official announcement soon.

Rex Features

Ant and Dec presenting I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here![/caption]

It comes after the popular show, hosted by Ant and Dec, was forced to decamp to Gwrych Castle, in Abergele, last year due to coronavirus restrictions.

But campmates, who included Shane Richie, 57, and Vernon Kay, 47, suffered freezing temperatures and torrential rain in the cold castle.

A well-placed TV source told the Sun on Sunday: “Crew have been told to prepare for Australia again, which is music to everyone’s ears as they were dreading having to do it in Wales again.

“Talent agents are delighted too, as stars are much keener to sign up now it’s in an exotic location offering viewers some sun amid a cold winter.

“International film production have been entering Australia all year since January, always adhering to strict Covid guidelines, so filming in a remote location should be straightforward.

“ITV is mindful and sensitive of the ever changing environment, but have all the plans in place now to get the series off the ground in Covid safe conditions.”


The series is set to air for three weeks in November with contestants following Australian government guidelines to quarantine in a hotel on arrival in the country.

An ITV spokesman said: “We’ll announce the location for the new series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in due course.”

The jungle set in Murwillumbah, New South Wales, has been cleared by production and deemed ready for use

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button