Man, 41, charged with murder after ‘partial’ remains of 83-year-old woman found at her home after disappearance

A MAN has been charged on suspicion of murder after “partial” remains of an 83-year-old woman were found after she vanished from her home.

Alan Scott, 41, has been charged following the disappearance of Patricia Holland, known as Pat, who was last seen on Saturday at around 9.20pm in Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk.

Patricia Holland was last seen on Saturday in Norfolk
‘Partial’ human remains thought to be connected to missing Patricia Holland have been found, as a man, 41, is arrested

The 41-year-old is set to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court tomorrow after cops found “partial human remains” at Pat’s home.

Police said that her family have been informed and they are being supported by specially trained officers.

Norfolk Police said today: “Police have charged a man in his 40s in connection with the murder of Pat Holland from Gorleston.

“Pat, 83, was last seen on the evening of last Saturday at around 9.20pm near her home in Lowestoft Road and her family reported concerns for her safety the following afternoon when she was not contactable.

“Following extensive searches of Pat’s home address, partial human remains have been recovered.

“Whilst formal coroners proceedings will take place in due course, the family of Pat Holland have been informed and they are being supported by specially trained officers.”


Pat’s worried family reported the pensioner missing last Sunday when they failed to get hold of her.

Police confirmed on Tuesday that a man aged in his 40s was arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody.

A huge search involving police, the Coastguard and fire crews were mounted for missing Patricia.

Norfolk Police said she has mobility problems and usually walks with a walking frame.

Pat’s family have released the following statement: “Our beloved Mum, nan and great grandmother has been taken from us in a way which simply cannot be comprehended.

“This past week has been the worst imaginable for us.

“Mum spent her days trying to help others, she reached out to local people and wanted to make a difference in any way she could.

“We respectfully ask to be left in peace at this incredibly difficult time.”

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder
A man has now been charged on suspicion of murder

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button