Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino was back wearing the club’s colours in pictures that would have no doubt brought back good memories for Spurs fans.
Pochettino was seen posing alongside his 19-year-old son Maurizio, who has signed a contract extension at Tottenham.
The youngster joined the club’s academy in summer 2017 when his dad was the manager but his current contract was set to expire on Tuesday.
But, despite his dad’s sacking in November, Spurs’ list of retained players released last week included Pochettino Jnr.
And that new deal has now been confirmed after the youth-team player, who is yet to make a first team appearance for the club, posted snaps on his Instagram account.
He captioned his post: “Looking forward to the new season #COYS.”
Pochettino’s other son, Sebastiano, also worked alongside him as a first-team conditioning coach but left following his sacking.
Meanwhile, the former boss came under fire from Kieran Trippier on Monday for the way the defender’s Spurs exit was handled.
Full back Trippier departed north London after four seasons, and 114 appearances last summer, as La Liga side Atletico Madrid signed him for £20million.
But Trippier has revealed that he was pretty much forced to leave Spurs after then manager Pochettino and chairman Daniel Levy refused to give him assurances over his future.
Trippier told The Beautiful Game Podcast : “Yeah, I did knock on his [Pochettino’s] door, and I said I have an opportunity to go to Atletico Madrid.
“If I am part of your plans, then I will stay. He didn’t give me a yes, and he didn’t give me a no in his office.
“So as a player you think ‘oh right okay, no problem’.
“Then I went to the chairman and told him the exact same.
“I had a conversation with the manager, and I said am I part of your plans? If I am, no problem but I have a great opportunity here to go to Atletico Madrid.
“But going back to what I said before, in March/April I hear off people I trust that they’ve tried to offload me. Offering me to clubs.”