He’s got a ticket out of the slammer.
The Metro-North worker who called in sick to storm the US Capitol with throngs of Trump supporters last week will be released from custody on $10,000 bond, a judge ruled Wednesday.
Will Pepe, 31, of Beacon, will also be forced to turn over his shotgun and a hunting knife as part of the bail package, a federal judge in White Plains ordered.
Pepe, who was captured taking a grinning selfie inside the Capitol last Wednesday, was arrested Tuesday and hit with several charges including remaining in a restricted government building and disrupting orderly conduct of government.
The case will be prosecuted by the US Attorney’s Office in Washington, DC.
The MTA commuter railroad worker, who was suspended from the $73,000 job after the Post first reported his involvement in the riot, will also be barred from traveling to the nation’s capital while he is out on bail.
MTA officials said they would seek to fire him from the state agency.
“Participation in the riot which resulted in deadly violence at the Capitol last week was abhorrent to the values of the MTA and New Yorkers, and those who attacked that symbol of American democracy disqualified themselves from working for the People of New York,” MTA spokesman Tim Minton said Tuesday.