Buckingham Palace and the Royal Family are expected to launch a dramatic fightback against the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, following the couple’s highly-anticipated interview with Oprah Winfrey. The interview with Oprah will air in the US on Sunday evening, and a day later in the UK. In teaser clips released ahead of the interview, Meghan Markle accused The Firm of “perpetuating falsehoods”.
Royal commentator Sarah Robertson told talkRADIO the public could see “endless battles” between the two sides “go on and on” after the interview airs.
She told host Mark Dolan: “CBS have drip-fed very revealing, and very damaging towards the Royals.
“She is trying to turn the tables on them. It’s not doing them any favours.
“After this, it’s a case of where does she go? If she lays everything out with Oprah, then it’s done.”
JUST IN: Queen urged to ‘publicly apologise’ to Meghan amid Royal backlash
She continued: “But the Palace will come back after the interview, there will be more in this Punch and Judy show that we are witnessing.”
Mr Dolan asked: “Are we going to see endless battles? Where does this battle go?”
Ms Robertson responded: “It could just keep running on and on. The tensions now between Buckingham Palace and Harry and Meghan – it is all-out war.
“I don’t see there being any way back. Neither side looks like they are going to back down.”
Mr Borkowski said: “If you go into battle against the British establishment and particularly the Royal Family, don’t expect them to roll over.
“They have a very powerful way of protecting the brand, the brand of the Royal Family.”
He added: “We have gone from a cold war into a very hot war.
“This is the beginning now of a lot more stories.”
Earlier this week, Robert Jobson stated the Royal Family is braced for an “almighty explosion” following the aftermath of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.