MANY of us might have given up our summer holidays this year, but that doesn’t mean we have to jeopardise our chic summer holiday wardrobe too.
And it seems Sophia Sellwood from Essex has the right idea as she saved a whopping £282 on a range of new outfits – and shares her tips so you can cut costs too.
29-year-old Sophia Sellwood from Essex shopped big during the summer sales and saved £282 on a whole new wardrobe[/caption]
The best part is that the money saved on her new clothing items can be put towards summer staycations around the UK, so it seems she won’t be out of pocket at all.
The 29-year-old fashion content creator told LovetheSales.com: “I’ve bought a selection of new pieces to put into my holiday wardrobe for a fraction of the price, and I can use those savings to spend on my summer staycation.
“I am planning a trip to the south coast for a seaside staycation this summer, and for that I needed a new super light and summery wardrobe.”
Ahead of the “summer sale season” Sophia said she started “browsing retailers” that currently have mega sales on now.
Sophie nabbed these Karen Millen lounge smart ponte shorts for just £11, after saving a huge £35 – that 69% off[/caption]
By browsing the mega Asos sale, she also came across this Mango collarless satin shirt for £20, saving 15.99[/caption]
This includes expensive brands such as Karen Millen, French Connection and River Island.
In total, the bargain-hunter spent £204 on a range of summer staples, including accessories, and managed to save a whooping £282 – that’s a 58% discount.
She explained: “The first bargain I found was a pair of lounge smart ponte shorts in the Karen Millen sale.
“The brand is currently offering a sale upgrade with an extra 10% off already discounted items, which meant I was able to pick the holiday shorts for 69% off.
This white broderie beach dress was just £10 through the River Island sale, a saving of £22[/caption]
What Sophia bought:
1. River Island white broderie beach dress – Sophia spent £10, she saved £22 (69% off) through the River Island sale
2. French Connection woven beach tote bag – Sophia spent £35, she saved £30 (46% off) through the Asos sale
3. Karen Millen lounge smart ponte shorts – Sophia spent £11, she saved £35 (69% off) through the Karen Millen sale
4. Mango collarless satin shirt – Sophia spent £20, she saved £15.99 (44% off) through the Asos sale
5. Chloé round frame beaded sunglasses – Sophia spent £128, she saved £190 (60% off) through the Mybag sale
Total spend: £204
Total Saving: £282
Total saving (%): 58% off
“These are so me and I am going to be living with these! The style is so timeless and I will be able to create many looks with these shorts.”
You can’t go wrong with a simple beach dress either, and the savvy shopped nabbed one in the River Island sale for a huge 69% off.
But Sophia couldn’t look past the mega Asos sales, which she says is the “biggest sale ever.”
This is where she spotted her French Connection and Mango bargains for cheap – and she couldn’t be more thrilled.
These Chloé round frame beaded sunglasses were £190 though MyBag, while the French Connection woven beach tote bag was just £30 on Asos[/caption]
Sophia has planned a few summer staycations and her new wardrobe is perfect[/caption]
She explained: “I started searching the Asos sale for pieces that would take me from a day look through to the evening. I found a gorgeous French Connection woven tote bag for 46% off and a Mango collarless satin shirt for 44% off.
“Both will be perfect for wearing in the day and really versatile to be transformed into a chic evening look for dining in restaurants.”
Despite being a sucker for bargains, Sophia found herself tempted by a pricey designer pair of Chloé round frame beaded sunglasses.
Luckily for her, the stunning frames were slashed in price and got a huge discount of £190.
Thrilled, she said: “I found the most amazing sale on designer sunglasses from a retailer I hadn’t heard of before, called Mybag.
Sophia’s top tips for finding the best fashion deals:
1. Have a vision – This will help you narrow down what pieces you need to look out for and then grab the best buys as soon as they are available.
2. Know when the sales are on – Big sales events tend to happen two times a year. So keep that in mind when making your big purchases. The summer sales will be around times like the summer holidays, because retailers know shoppers will be searching for holiday clothing, so plan ahead. You’ll then have the best pick at the start of the sales.
3. Choose items that can be styled multiple ways – I always buy tonalwear because I am able to create different looks, and it allows me to mix and match with the clothes I already have.
Tonal classic items can be seen as investment buys as they can help create so many different looks year after year.
4. You don’t always have to shop big names – It doesn’t always have to be expensive to be sustainable as you can still look expensive with cheaper items. I definitely find keeping my outfit tonal adds a classy chic vibe no matter the price.
“The Chloé round frame beaded sunglasses had a huge discount of £190 and are the perfect pair of glamorous sunnies to wear on holiday. Let’s just hope there is enough sun in the UK sun!”
Stuart McClure, the co-founder of LovetheSales.com, commented on Sophia’s holiday bargains, and said: “Google searches for UK staycation holidays have spiked by 235% in June (compared to June 2020 figures).
“As Brits make summer staycation plans, some online shops are releasing huge sales on summer clothing.
“It’s fantastic to see Sophia taking advantage of the sale events and finding huge savings on her new staycation wardrobe.”
Follow Sophia on Instagram to see more of her amazing fashion deals.
Most read in Fabulous
MEG THE WAG?
Meghan 'REJECTED date with top England footie star before meeting Harry'
Harry 'DIDN'T ask Queen's permission for Lilibet's name but told her instead'
June 11: Stop making excuses for why love can’t work and make sure it does
From avoiding TV to no nightcaps, how to never have a bad night's sleep again
Woman swears by £2 buy which busted limescale in her loo in just half hour
I’m 23 and my girlfriend’s 60, haters shame her wrinkly face but she’s the one
Meanwhile, an etiquette expert reveals the summer fashion buys which make YOU look tacky from jean shorts to floral dresses.
Plus this shopaholic has made £20k renting out her clothes and says it’s an easy way to pay for more outfits.
And in other fashion-related news, Kate Middleton has a £6 hack which lets her wear heels all day without them hurting her feet.