Sergio Reguilon to Man Utd 'getting closer' with transfer talks progressing

Sergio Reguilon is getting closer to a move to Manchester United with talks progressing between the club, Real Madrid and agents.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has made strengthening his defence a pressing matter after signing Donny van de Beek.

After a stellar campaign at Sevilla on loan, Reguilon has been attracting attention from all over Europe.

The 23-year-old landed a spot in the La Liga team of the year after helping Julen Lopetegui’s men to a Europa League crown.

Along the way, they knocked out United – and Solskjaer liked what he saw.

Talks have been ongoing over the past few weeks but there had been rumbles that a deal could be cancelled because Real Madrid insisted that a buyback clause be inserted.

United are keen on signing Reguilon this summer

But transfer guru Fabrizio Romano has revealed that Reguilon could be a United player by the end of the transfer window.

A Red Devils fan asked if an agreement was close, to which Romano replied: “Yes. Talks progressing between Manchester United/agents/Real Madrid [but not 100% agreed yet].”

That will come as a huge boost to United, who have had a slow transfer window to date.

Sign up for the brilliant new Mirror Football newsletter!

From the latest transfer news to the agenda-setting stories, get it all in your email inbox.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has already brought in Donny van de Beek but Jadon Sancho remains Manchester United’s number one target.

However, they have so far failed to agree a deal with Borussia Dortmund and are considering Gareth Bale as an alternative.

Put your email at the top of this article or follow the instructions on this link.

Jadon Sancho remains the priority target but Borussia Dortmund are not negotiating with the Old Trafford outfit.

They have told them to fork out £108m or do not bother even calling them.

The Signal Iduna Park side are in a strong position financially and, with Sancho still having three years left on his contract, are in no rush to lose the Englishman.

Would Sergio Reguilon be a good signing for Man Utd? Have your say below.

Reguilon helped Sevilla win the Europa League

The 20-year-old was on the scoresheet for Dortmund on Monday, along with fellow Brit Jude Bellingham, in a 5-0 win over Duisberg.

Bellingham became the club’s youngest-ever goalscorer in the process, another player that was on United’s radar.

Meanwhile, Solskjaer has urged chiefs to act smart in the transfer window and sign the right characters.

“We’ve come quite the distance since February,” Solskjaer said. “But you saw how tired you were towards the end. We need the break.

“It’s going to be a strange summer. The market is open for so long. We’ve got to be good, smart and clever.

“We’re looking at it. I can’t say when and if they’re going to be done. It’s a quick turnaround. We have to be 100 per cent sure when we make those deals.

“We definitely need to improve if we want to move up the table and on in the cups. We are working to improve what we have. We’re always looking to improve the squad.”

Sign up to the Mirror Football email here for the latest news and transfer gossip.



Sen. John Kennedy bashes Pelosi for 'getting her hair washed' while 'my people don't even have water'

Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., blasted House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., for flouting coronavirus restrictions to visit a San Francisco hair salon even as parts of the Gulf coast struggle to recover from Hurricane Laura.

“I was out all day yesterday trying to help my people,” Kennedy told “Hannity” host Trey Gowdy. “I got in late last night and I saw the story about Speaker Pelosi violating the coronavirus rules that she has advocated for and the rest of us mere mortals have to abide by in order to get her hair done.

SALON OWNER DECRIES PELOSI ‘SET UP’ CLAIM AS ‘ABSOLUTELY FALSE”

“I thought to myself, isn’t this special? Despite the fact it’s against the law, Speaker Pelosi is getting her hair washed and probably getting a neck massage and my people don’t even have water. The irony is extraordinary.”

Kennedy described Pelosi as “part of the managerial elite” and someone who “can strut sitting down.”

“They live in the condos with the high ceilings and the important art on the wall,” he said. “I call them the shaved-truffles-crowd. They think they are smarter and more virtuous than the middle-class ordinary Americans. They are not, of course.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The message Pelosi and her ilk regularly send to the rest of the country, according to Kennedy, is that “‘you’re a bunch of morons and oh, by the way, you’re also a bunch of racists. So just shut up, do what you are told, and periodically we, the managerial elite, will tell you what values and what opinions you have to adopt without debate, because we are experts and we are intellectuals.’ And that is why most people think now that Washington D.C. is the place where good ideas go to die.

“I will add one more observation, just my opinion,” Kennedy continued. “The managerial elite, of which the Speaker is a part, think they are the smartest people in the room. If they are the smartest people in the room, it’s the wrong room, because if they ever get in charge … they will put America in the ditch. They will beat the crap out of America and the American people don’t deserve that.”

Len Goodman: Former Strictly judge in 'shock' skin cancer diagnosis 'Getting it treated'

Len Goodman’s recent surgery was shared by cancer charity Melanoma Fund, after the charity uploaded a picture of the former Strictly Come Dancing judge, 76, with a bandage on his head. Although the star is having no further treatment at the moment, he is keeping his head and face covered at all times as the weather heats up.

A source close to Len said: “Len is recovering well.

“It was obviously a shock but he didn’t waste any time in getting it treated.

“He is now urging fans to wear sun lotion, especially as the weather has been so hot, and to check any moles they’re worried about with a doctor.”

Len who left Strictly back in 2016, is a keen golfer, and he was pictured two weeks ago sporting the bandage as he played at the Grove’s 18-hole course in Watford.

READ MORE:Holly Willoughby calls for ‘help’ after Dermot O’Leary’s sad news

Len said it was a “wonderful opportunity” for stars to get back out into the spotlight, as the programme usually attracts a huge audience.

Last year, Campaign Live said the show averaged 7.7 million viewers during its airing.

One particularly avid fan is Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, who told host Tess Daly that she never misses the programme.

When asked if viewers might see a royal on this season of Strictly, Len teased: “Who knows!”

The former ballroom champion recalled meeting Camilla last year at a dancer function.

He said: “Camilla is charming, and I really enjoyed meeting her at a do, she was lovely.”

BBC bosses are yet to speak out about this year’s line up, however, Len claimed one day a younger royal could take part in the contest.

“(Princess) Eugenie might join, I don’t know,” he speculated.



Carly Pearce says she's 'getting better' after split from Michael Ray

Carly Pearce is thankful for the coronavirus quarantine.

The 30-year-old country singer recently filed for divorce from her husband, fellow country musician Michael Ray after less than a year of marriage. The news broke in June, amid the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent quarantine, but she’s now said that she’s “getting better.”

CHRISHELL STAUSE CALLS DIVORCE FROM JUSTIN HARTLEY A ‘TRAUMATIZING TIME IN MY LIFE’

Now, Pearce is looking back at her quarantine time with gratitude, as she mentioned in Tuesday’s episode of the YouTube show “Living wELL” with Lindsay Ell, another country singer.

Country music singer Carly Pearce visits Music Choice on May 7, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)

Country music singer Carly Pearce visits Music Choice on May 7, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)
(Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images)

The “Every Little Thing” singer didn’t directly mention her divorce, but she did say that quarantine has “showed me a lot” and allowed her to make “some really big decisions for my own life.”

“I will say that I am grateful for quarantine,” said Pearce. “You know how fast our lives are, you know how easy it is to kind of tap into who we are as artists and kind of ignore our actual hearts and our actual lives and things like that.”

DR. DRE, NICOLE YOUNG WILL LIKELY ‘WANT TO PUT A BOW’ ON DIVORCE ‘QUICKLY,’ EXPERT SAYS: ‘THEY’RE… SAVVY’

She admitted that she “thought [she] had it all figured out, but that things in her life “very abruptly switched on” her.

Country signers Michael Ray, left, and Carly Pearce have split after less than a year of marriage.

Country signers Michael Ray, left, and Carly Pearce have split after less than a year of marriage.
(Allister Ann/Harper Smith)

“[I] knew what [I] had to do,” explained Pearce. “In my life it has proven to me when I do what I know I need to do and I don’t give up, I love myself more and I see why.”

She added: “I am hopeful and excited for what the next chapter holds for me.”

A source previously told People magazine, saying that the divorce was “a hard decision” for Pearce to make.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“It wasn’t something she wanted to have to do,” said the insider. “This hasn’t been a quarantine realization — it was a last resort.”

Ray and Pearce married in October of 2019 in Nashville.

Chris Evans: Virgin Radio DJ reacts to guest's surprise revelation: 'Getting on my nerves'

Virgin Radio host Chris Evans, 54, announced the release of his new 500 words pop-up project in aid of the Black Lives Matter movement two weeks ago and has featured a number of guests on his radio show who have encouraged children aged from five to 13 to get involved. The scheme will be the last ever one after BBC revealed they were axing the children’s competition after a decade on-air, despite its enormous success across the nation.

Chris’ new scheme will see children’s TV presenters come-husband-and-wife team Angellica Bell and Michael Underwood, front the contest which has seen over a million submissions from children all over the UK, from stories covering important issues such as technology and climate change.

On Friday’s show, ITV’s Dr Ranj Singh appeared via phone-in to talk about why it’s such an important subject for children to write about.

He also gave some pointers for Michael, who shocked the nation last week when he revealed he has stepped back from TV presenting and gone back to the world of teaching, to use in his own classroom to really encourage his kids to get the most out of the contest.

“Start with a discussion and say ‘This is the topic we’re going to talk about, first of all explore some of their ideas together in a safe place and a safe way, non judgementally – just have a chat with them,” Dr Ranj advised.

READ MORE: Chris Evans: Virgin Radio DJ in surprising admission about moving out

He appeared on the ITV breakfast show to talk about the 500 Words spin-off and he left viewers reeling when they realised he was sat in his own classroom, in front of his own class.

“Phillip Schofield was particular taken with the fact he couldn’t get his head round you are an actual teacher as well as a TV host,” Chris chuckled.

Michael replied: “I think he thought I was doing some kind of live insert into the show where I was pretending and just had a fake class set up, so I think he was genuinely taken aback, it was brilliant!”

But he noted the more attention his new job was getting, the more it directed at his new venture alongside Angellica and Chris.