FORMER Wales international Robert Earnshaw is set to appear as a pundit for ITV’s live coverage of Euro 2020.
The 40-year-old represented Wales 59 times between 2002 and 2012, scoring on sixteen occasions for his country.
WIN £50,000! Play Dream Team Euros – our FREE fantasy football game
Earnshaw will appear as a pundit on ITV alongside the likes of Ian Wright, Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Patrick Vieira and will provide analysis and insight of Wales’ games.
Former Crystal Palace midfielder and fellow Welsh international Joe Ledley will also be part of ITV’s Euro 2020 pundit team to offer his thoughts of Wales’ games.
Incredibly Robert Earnshaw is the ONLY player ever to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, all three divisions of the English Football League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and for his country in an international match.
Who did Robert Earnshaw play for?
- 1998-2004 – Cardiff City (183 apps)
- 2000 – Greencock Morton (loan, 3 apps)
- 2004-2006 – West Brom (43 apps)
- 2006-2007 – Norwich City (45 apps)
- 2007-2008 – Derby County (22 apps)
- 2008-2011 – Nottingham Forest (113 apps)
- 2011-2013 – Cardiff City (loan, 19 apps)
- 2012-2013 – Maccabi Tel Aviv (loan, 10 apps)
- 2013 – Toronto FC (26 apps)
- 2014 – Blackpool (1 app)
- 2015 – Vancouver Whitecaps (9 apps)
- 2015 – Whitecaps FC 2 (loan, 3 apps)
- 2002 – 2012 – Wales (59 apps)
Earnshaw made over 400 clubs appearances in a career spanning seventeen years, playing a whopping 166 times in the Championship and scoring 66 goals.
He also made 65 Premier League appearances and bagged thirteen goals during his time in the top flight.
Most read in Euro 2020
G7 Cornwall hotel in dawn lockdown as cops bang on doors to evacuate guests
Car gifted to Man City kit man by Aguero on sale for £23k on eBay days later
NOEL LETS RIP
Noel says ‘f***ing woke snowflake’ Harry ‘needs to shut up’ just like Liam
PICK N MIX
PM may adopt 'mix-&-match approach' & 'partially lift' restrictions on June 21
Stacey Solomon is pregnant with fourth child after devastating miscarriages
Girl, 14, dies after being 'beaten & stabbed 25 times in strip mall attack'
Earnshaw is likely to be in the studio for Wales’ first game of Euro 2020 on ITV- a Group A clash against Italy at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome in what is the final game of the group stage.
Speaking to ITV’s live coverage of Euro 2020 on what he’s most excited about for the tournament, Earnshaw said:
“I think for me it’s having the fans there, having an energy, an atmosphere in a stadium, a major celebration of football, and I think that’s what I’m looking forward to most.
For me being a striker, I’m excited for goals. I want to see as many goals as possible, I want to see exciting football, and I want to be entertained. I think we could see a real exhibition of football.”
- WIN £50,000! Dream Team Euros – FREE fantasy football game
- Euro squads: All of the players picked so far
- Euro 2020 betting special: England 35/1 to beat Croatia
- Fixtures: When to watch all your Euro 2020 matches
- Betting special: Get England at 20/1 to wear home kit vs Croatia
- Build-up LIVE: Latest news and updates from around the teams